Post Art Library presents art exhibitions and displays collections inside Joplin Public Library for the benefit of the community. The purpose of exhibitions and displays in the library is to provide public access to art, culture, and ideas, while providing flexible spaces for emerging and established artists, collectors, individuals, groups, or organizations to showcase their work and/or collections. All galleries and display areas are open during the library’s regular hours. Admission is free.
Read the library’s EXHIBITION & DISPLAY POLICY for further details about the application and selection processes. Applicants are encouraged to read the following guidelines, which are set forth to clarify the responsibilities of Post Art Library and artists, collectors, individuals, groups, or organizations exhibiting or displaying in the library.
POST ART LIBRARY WILL…
- Provide title cards for works or collections.
- Install the exhibition or collection, unless other arrangements have been made between the library and the exhibiting artist, collector, individual, group, or organization.
- Publicize or promote the exhibition or collection via their existing social media accounts and by submitting information about the exhibition or collection to local media outlets. Printed promotional materials generally will not be provided by Post Art Library, unless special arrangements have been made between the library and the exhibiting artist, collector, individual, group, or organization.
POST ART LIBRARY WILL NOT…
- Insure artwork, collections, or other property exhibited or displayed in the library.
- Provide storage space for exhibitions or displays.
- Provide personal printed promotional materials, such as cards, invitations, etc.
- Provide funds for shipping and handling costs to either receive or return exhibition/display materials and objects.
- Provide framing, mounting, or wiring supplies.
- Provide refreshments for opening/closing receptions, events, etc.
THE EXHIBITING PARTY’S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE…
- Delivering artwork that is completely ready to be hung (e.g. framed, mounted, wired, etc.) or otherwise ready to be shown or delivering collections that are ready to be displayed (e.g. assembled, clean, intact, etc.) to the library by the date agreed upon by the library and the exhibiting party.
- Providing funds for any and all shipping and handling costs associated with transporting exhibition/display materials and objects to and from the library.
- Providing Post Art Library with an artist’s, collector’s, or other statement and pertinent information (e.g. titles of artwork, mediums, etc.) regarding the exhibition/collection at least three weeks prior to the scheduled exhibition opening date. Failure to provide such information in advance absolves Post Art Library from publicizing or promoting the scheduled exhibition or display.
- Providing printed promotional materials, if and only if desired by the exhibiting party.
- Prompt removal of the exhibition or display on the date agreed upon by the library and the exhibiting party.
- Providing refreshments for opening/closing receptions, events, etc.