We reopened our physical location to the public on Monday, June 8th. Our hours are:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 10am-3pm
- Tuesdays and Fridays from 10am-6pm
- Closed Sundays
Although we’re open, the installation of new art exhibits is suspended through August 2020 and ALL in-person library programming is suspended through December 2020. Since our office is located inside Joplin Public Library (JPL), we continue to work with them to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly. Please see the Library Reopening plan below for further information (source: JPL website).
Joplin Public Library Library Reopening Plan
Joplin Public Library plans to reopen its physical location on Monday, June 8, 2020. The Library staff and Board of Trustees will continue to monitor the situation and adjust dates as needed moving forward. Stay up-to-date by following the Library’s Facebook page and visiting the website.
As of May 26, 2020, the reopening plan is as follows:
- The Library building will open to the public beginning Monday, June 8, 2020.
- Hours of operation will be:
- 10am-3pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday
- 10am-6pm Tuesday and Friday
- Closed Sunday
- Services will be limited. Patrons are encouraged to continue social distancing, only send in one family member per visit, wear a mask and not come into the Library if unwell. Phone reference is available.
- Based on the recommendation of the Joplin Health Department, users will be limited to 30 minutes per visit.
- City of Joplin occupancy limits will be enforced.
- The public computer lab will be open with reduced time limits. Some computers have been closed to ensure social distancing between patrons.
- Curbside pickup will continue.
- Chairs, tables, and children’s toys and games have been removed.
- Study, Conference and Meeting Rooms remain closed until further notice.
- The Makerspace remains closed until further notice.
- No in-person library programming is scheduled at this time. Virtual programming will continue through the end of July. Programming options can be found on our Calendar or on our Facebook
- JPL has a large digital collection that includes:
Library staff cannot sanitize every item that is checked out, but will quarantine returned items for a minimum of 24 hours before checking in and reshelving. It is recommended that Library users wash their hands after handling library materials and avoid touching their face.
The Library’s administrative team will continue to monitor developments and respond accordingly. In the meantime, the Library is encouraging patrons to stay informed on the outbreak through the: